- The Hanover College DPT Program receives applications for admission exclusively through the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). Application instructions can be found on the Hanover College DPT Program website. The deadline for submitting completed applications for admission is published on the DPT Program website for each class.
- When applying for admission, prospective students must submit an application through PTCAS. In addition to the online application, applicants also submit the supplemental materials below.
- Transcripts: All applicants must have official transcripts sent directly to PTCAS from each college and university attended.
- Letters of Recommendations: Each evaluator will be able to submit the letters of reference electronically, via a secure link that will be sent to them directly. Each evaluator providing a reference will be contacted using an email address provided in PTCAS by the applicant.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): International students are required to submit official TOEFL scores to be considered for admission. For international applicants who earned a degree from an institution whose language of instruction is English, and those who earned a degree from an institution within the United States, the TOEFL requirement is waived.
- The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will review completed applications (i.e., application and all supporting materials received) in the order of receipt on a rolling basis.
Applicants are evaluated based on Cumulative GPA, Prerequisite GPA, References, and Personal Essay. Other factors considered, but not required, include Relevant Work Experience and/or Observation Hours and Prior Military Experience.
- Interview Process: All interviews will be conducted using the Kira Talent web-based video platform. The Kira Assessment can be found in the Hanover College PTCAS application under Program Materials. The interview must be completed in order for the PTCAS application to be Verified.
- Selection Process: The DPT Admissions Committee and faculty will accept students into the program based on a holistic evaluation of their application, supportive documents, and interview. All applicants will be notified by email and/or mail regarding final selection decisions.
- The DPT Admissions Committee will use a combination of academic performance, personal references, essays, and interviews to ensure nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants.
Hanover College graduates who seek admission into the DPT program may apply before October 31 for early application review to reserve a seat. Applicants will be ranked based on academic performance and interview scores. Top candidates who meet the DPT program admissions requirements will be offered a seat. Applicants who are not offered a seat in the reservation pool will default into the general applicant pool and will be reviewed at a later date. The DPT program faculty will annually determine the number of reserved seats for Hanover graduates.
- The DPT Program has a rolling admissions process and began accepting applications July 2021. Hanover DPT will begin reviewing applications in August 2021 and continue reviewing until the cohort is filled. If you have questions about the processing of your application, contact us at 1-812-647-6085.
- Priority Application Deadline: May 16, 2022
- Program Start Date: August 22, 2022